Monday, February 11, 2013

Starting role delights Lamps


Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard admits he is delighted by his recent form for both club and country.




Lampard celebrate his goal against Brazil in a friendly game last week.



The 34-year-old is the subject of continuing speculation as to where he will be playing his club football next season - but served up a reminder of his powers with his ninth goal in his last 14 Blues appearances in Saturday's 4-1 win over Wigan.

Lampard, who may yet be offered a new contract by Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, then continued his good form in England's 2-1 friendly win over Brazil in midweek as he coolly side-footed home the winner.

"It's not rocket science: the more you play you get sharper and you get match fit," Lampard told Chelsea TV. "Since I've been able to play regularly I feel like I've got sharpness and the confidence.

"I'm 34, you still need confidence of playing regular games. It certainly helps me, to get flow in your game; you ask any player that, I'm not on my own there.

"When you're playing regularly and you do start playing well, scoring goals, whatever position you're in, it's enjoyable to keep playing and it helps.



"You have to have an eye on the squad - it is a long season - so I'm not expecting, or asking, to play every single game. (But) it seems to me recently I've been able to play every three or four days, I've enjoyed it."

0 comments:

Post a Comment