Website Flipping Secrets: How to Find a Profitable Web Property?
HI
Thanks for your great post, I am new to your blog I have a question as you mentioned buying a website and then selling it would be good investment can you give some examples and ideas on what kind of websites may have good returns in short term and what kind of website may have good returns in long term time say 3-5 years . please do answer.
Reader
As I have already told in many of the previous articles that, Website Flipping is the hottest Business Opportunity on the Internet. Typically a Bluechip stock appreciates at the rate of 5-15% per annum in the Bull market.
But Websites appreciate much faster than this. A Web Property (Website or a Blog) can appreciate anywhere between 20-1000% per annum or even more…!!!!
Well, I am not kidding but this is true. Just go to Sitepoint.com & Flippa.com. You will find lots of deals over there.
In short, Web Properties (Blogs, Forums & Websites) are good investments. Now, the question is that, which kind of websites will give you good returns in short term (6 months to 18 months) while which kind of websites will give you a good return in the long run?
Well, according to my knowledge and experience, The websites having “TIMELESS CONTENT” are the Best Long term Investments. While Websites having “NEWS CONTENT” are good for short term.
Now, What it means by TIMELESS CONTENT?
Well, timeless content means the content which does not have any effect of time. Means they never get old even after 100 years from now. Say for Example this Article. This Article is a Timeless content. Because even after 100 years, it will be useful to the readers.
Now, the article about Bernanke’s new policy is not a timeless article because after a year or a two, it will become worthless. All the content on the Wikipedia is a Timeless content which makes it’s world’s Best web property.
NYTimes.com and About.com both the web properties are owned by the same New York based company but NYTimes.com is running in trouble. It has to borrow hundreds of millions of dollars for its working capital. Right now it’s in trouble. While About.com has never ever been in financial trouble. This is because NYTimes.com is a news website so it has to be updated everyday. And if it can’t update it, it will be out of Business while the content on the About.com is a Timeless content and that’s why even after 10,20 or even 100 years, it will be useful to the readers. So it will never be in financial trouble.
I Personally consider this factor before investing in few websites. Recently, I had sold a Medical website on Pregnancy and childbirth for $ 2200 to a buyer from California which I bought just 6 months before for $ 450.
The reason for this much valuation gain is because I had invested my money in the timeless content. And that’s why the web traffic on the website was steady and does not fluctuate much.
So as a Rule of Thumb, Invest in Fashion, News or any other websites that you have to update more frequently for short term only. While Invest in Timeless content websites for long time….!!!!
I Hope this much information is useful to you….
Waiting for your valuable feedback…!!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment