Tuesday, September 29, 2009

How Does Sweat Equity Works?

How Does Sweat Equity Works with Employees?

Well, many of you may not know anything about what is Sweat Equity and how does it work? In this article, I will teach you that What it means by sweat equity and how it works?

Sweat Equity: Sweat equity is generally considered all the voluntary unpaid work that is often required in the first years of a new business. This work is usually unpaid because the new business cannot afford to pay wages or salaries during start-up. The commitment by members to provide sweat equity is often essential for the success of the business.

Now, let us discuss the example of this Blog. This Blog is my Internet Business and I own this blog via my family promoted Company, “PATEL EDUCATION PRIVATE LIMITED”.

Now, I work 10 hours a day behind this blog. Now, suppose if I count Rs.50 per hour as my wage than I should get paid Rs.500 per Day and thus, Rs.15,000 per Day. Now the Business is in start-up phase so it can’t afford to give me Rs.15,000 per month.

So instead of that my Company will issue me 1500 Shares of it every month. In this way, my ownership and hold over the company will rise over the time. This is known as sweat equity. Initial days of any business are very critical and there is a great role of Sweat Equity.

Almost every today’s successful Businesses had been worked on Sweat Equity Model. Thus, start-up Business work by Sweat Equity. True Entrepreneurs work very very hard during the initial phase of any Business and get the advantage of Sweat Equity during the initial years of the Business.

0 comments:

Post a Comment