Saturday, August 15, 2009

What is Sweat Equity?

What is Sweat Equity? What are Sweat Equity Shares?

According to Wikipedia,

Sweat equity is a term used to describe the contribution made to a project by people who contribute their time and effort. It can be contrasted with financial equity which is the money contributed towards the project. It is used to refer to a form of compensation by businesses to their owners or employees. The term is sometimes used in partnership agreements where one or more of the partners contributes no financial capital. In the case of a business startup, employees might, upon incorporation, receive stock or stock options in return for working for below-market salaries (or in some cases no salary at all).

The term is sometimes used to describe the efforts put into a start-up company by the founders in exchange for ownership shares of the company. This concept, also called "stock for services" and sometimes "equity compensation" or "sweet equity" can also be seen when start-up companies use their shares of stock to entice service providers to provide necessary corporate services in exchange for a discount or for deferring service fees until a later date…”

In Layman’s Language,

There are Basically 2 types of Equity in any Company.

01) Financial Equity &
02) Sweat Equity

Financial Equity means founders and Investors invest their money in the Company in exchange of Ownership (Shares) of the Company while Sweat Equity means founders, employees, managers work for company and give their time & effort to make that company profitable in exchange of the part of the ownership (Shares) of the Company.

The Best Example of Sweat Equity is - “My Journey To Billionaire Club” (This Blog). This Blog is the Asset owned by me & my Family promoted Company, PATEL EDUCATION PRIVATE LIMITED. Right now I am working hard behind this Asset (This Blog) to grow it and make it profitable. I am putting my time & efforts behind this Blog to make it profitable Internet Business. And in exchange of my hard work, I am being compensated by the Equity of PATEL EDUCATION PRIVATE LIMITED.

The more I work hard behind this Blog, the more I will be compensated by the Sweat Equity. I don’t take any salary from my Company nor I use the Income of this Blog for my personal expenses. I re-invest all the profit of this blog to grow it. This is the Best Example of Sweat Equity.

Commonly when you work hard for your own Company, you are being compensated by Sweat Equity Shares and not the money because ownership of the Company is more valuable than Money….!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment