The Economic Times: An Exclusive Interview with Jim Rogers
“ In My view, Commodities are the only place where fundamentals are improving. Farmers can’t get loans for fertilizers now, even though inventories of food are the lowest in decades… So you will have supplies of Everything continuing to decline.
“ I am glad that I have no Investments in the UK. Neither Long, Nor Short. I am convinced that It’s in trouble. I am worried about the US. I have sold all of my US Dollars…Thos two of the big developed countries are the ones I see with the most likely problems,
“ Fund Managers can become Farmers. The world has tens of thousands of hotshot fund managers right now. But the Financial Community is not going to be a great place to be in for next 30 years.
“Even if you are outright bearish, Don’t SHORT THE MARKET”.
“ Don’t short the market. Stocks could touch crazy levels, but they may be un CURRENCIES WHICH ARE WORTHLESS. Indeed, a Sovereign default and currency turmoil COULD RATTLE WORLD MARKETS in a year or two.
“ It's a bear market rally. I was going to say I don't think S&P 500 will see new highs. But I have to quickly temper that by saying against the dollar because the S&P 500 could triple from here if they print enough money and the value of the US dollar collapses, then S&P could go to 50,000, Dow Jones can go to 1,00,000.
Which is one reason why I am not shorting stocks right now. Because there is a possibility of this sort of a thing. There is a possibility that stocks could go through unheard of levels, but would be in worthless currency.
0 comments:
Post a Comment